Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions: The Real Deal


ketchup with us


Mel and Michele invited us to link up and tell the world about our New Year’s resolutions that are likely to be broken.  I started writing about one resolution and for some strange reason, I found that I have three resolutions which are inextricably tied to one another. Here goes, but, I swear, I mean to keep these resolutions, at least, until this gets posted.
___________

Improve attention span (I’m sure there are some mental exercises I can find on Google to help me with this, except I found this interesting site which...oh yeah, the exercises)

Stop procrastinating (yeah, right after I look up those exercises on Google)

Focus on necessary tasks (right…as long as “necessary tasks” is defined as fucking around)

 

15 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! You tied them together perfectly AND stuck to the word limit. High five to you. We're so glad you linked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfectly tied together and fucking hilarious ;-) love the humor and we suffer from the same illness if we want to call it that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And where is YOUR entry, Gina?

      (guilt, gult)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Gina. This is not letting me reply under your comment. I know we have the same afflictions (note plural usage) because I've been reading your blog for a while now. That's why I like it so much.

      Delete
  3. Ritalin. It sounds like the answer to all your problems. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, you're aces with me. Because you managed to link up here. Very funny! Thanks for that ... and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. Ritalin could help but I might lose my powers... Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Ruby. Congrats on being featured writer.

      Delete
  5. Ha! its sounds like we have the same attention problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are similarly afflicted. It's actually, sort of, ok unless you need to get some real work done ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, my lapse of attention. Forgot to say: Thank you for commenting Bo.

      Delete
  6. I love this - and can totally relate. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. Wonderfully written. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Sorry Becky. I've been putting off getting reading glasses! ;)

      Delete